Hi Somerset Hills Ball Club Families –
Happy New Year to all of our players, coaches and families! Registration for our Spring 2022 Recreational Baseball, Softball and Tball season is now open and we’re very excited for our next chapter in delivering on great experiences for our local youth under our new name, Somerset Hills Ball Club (SHBC).
This Spring season and moving forward, SHBC will be using the Team Snap Team Management service for our league registration and in-season scheduling and team communications. Team Snap is a mobile friendly service to be used in either a Mobile App or Web Based environment. If you don’t have a Team Snap account, this would require a one time set up.
Our Spring Recreational Registration link is included below and registration will remain open until Friday, Feb 25th.
Our league will offer recreational playing opportunities to children in the following divisions:
- Tball (4 years old through Kindergarten. Youngest DOB 9/30/2018)
- Instructional A Baseball (K and 1st Grade)
- Instructional AA Baseball (2nd Grade)
- Minors Baseball (3rd and 4th Grade. NOTE: 5th graders can choose to play Minors Baseball. Register for Majors and email Brian Gallagher firstname.lastname@example.org the request to play Minors)
- Majors Baseball (5th, 6th and 7th Grade)
- Instructional Softball (K and 1st Grade)
- Minors Softball (2nd and 3rd Grade)
- Majors Softball (4th and 5th Grade)
- Seniors Softball (6th, 7th and 8th Grade)
- Seniors Baseball (DOBs 5/1/2007-4/30/2009) for 8th/9th graders and older 7th graders who would prefer to play on the 90 ft bases (big diamond) is still under consideration. If interested, please email Chad McQueen (email@example.com)
We’re happy to say that, as compared to Spring 2021, we’ve held our registration fees for our younger age groups while increasing fees for older groups by $10 to account for a 2022 increase in umpire fees. The overall family maximum, which is applicable for families with 3 or more players, is $450. We’ve also realigned softball divisions and have added in softball opportunities for Kindergarteners and 8th graders (in Spring 2021, girls between 1st-7th grader were eligible to play).
Additionally, Somerset Hills Ball Club’s philosophy is that any child that wishes to play this Spring should play and the cost shouldn’t be an obstacle. As part of the registration process, you can request financial assistance during registration to waive fees.
As a league run entirely by volunteers and baseball or softball lending itself to a need for 3+ coaches on a team for the best experience possible for our kids, we strongly encourage parents to consider coaching this Spring. During the registration process, you can sign up as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach and can even decide to coach more than 1 team. As in past years, for new coaches that need their Rutgers Certification (3 hour course available this Winter/Spring either online or in person), SHBC will communicate any courses available. We’ll also provide practice plans and helpful tips for coaches to help them along the way.
Registration Helpful Hints
- If a registration box includes a red star, you have to complete it in order to continue through registration. All other boxes are optional.
- If requesting Financial Assistance, answer “Yes” to “Does the player need financial assistance” and further down include the Financial Scholarship Code (click the ? icon for codes for each division).
- All playing levels will be based on a child’s grade. The logic used in the registration process assumes a player’s grade based on the 10/1-9/30 Date of Birth provided. If your child’s grade doesn’t align with that (auto placing them in a different division), then please register for the selected division and email Brian Gallagher (firstname.lastname@example.org) for baseball or Greg Freisen (email@example.com) for softball and they will make the adjustment.
- If a Kindergartener only has the option to play Tball through registration, but would prefer either Instructional Softball or Instructional A Baseball, please complete registration and email Greg Freisen (firstname.lastname@example.org) a request to play softball or baseball.
- The site is programmed so that girls are eligible for Tball or softball. If a girl would prefer to play baseball instead of softball, please register for softball and email Brian Gallagher (email@example.com) the request.
- If registering more than one player, click either “Import Past Participant” or “Add Additional Participant” on the first registration screen.
We hope that you find Team Snap to be both a more user friendly registration process and a much more useful in season communication method with your teams and coaches. If you have any questions on the registration process, please email both Anil Yitta (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Greg Freisen (email@example.com).
Somerset Hills Ball Club (SHBC) Board